For a delicious, healthy, replenishing, non-acidic, AcidWatcher-safe smoothie try the Dr. Aviv Smoothie:
Dr. Aviv Smoothie (pH 5.96)
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of strawberries, blueberries or mixed berries
- 1 banana
- Blend thoroughly and drink up.
- The almond milk neutralizes the acidity of the berries.
Modifications and additions:
- Add handful of spinach to make Dr. Aviv’s Berry Smoothie Blast! (pH 6.11).
- Add 1 tablespoon of hemp protein to make Dr. Aviv’s Protein Smoothie (pH 6.25).