- 2 X 4 oz. tuna steaks
- 1 jumbo Romaine heart, chopped
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 4½ oz. green beans, trimmed, and chopped into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 5 tablespoons of carrots, shredded
- 1 cup of cucumber, cut into half moons
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- ¼ cup of parsley, chopped
- 2½ teaspoons olive oil (½ teaspoon for the fish + 2 teaspoons for the salad)
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic salt for the vegetables + a couple of dashes for the fish
Rub medium sauté pan with a cloth containing some olive oil and heat over a medium flame. Sprinkle both sides of each tuna steak with Celtic salt and place in the hot pan. Sear for about 1 minute on each side, keeping the center rare. Remove from the heat and slice.
Toss together the romaine, eggs, green beans, olives, carrots, cucumber, basil, parsley, teaspoon olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Top with the seared tuna and serve.
For a vegetarian option, don’t add tuna.